Program Length: 28 Credit Hours
国产偷拍视频 (One year to complete with full-time student status; part-time study also permitted)
The Executive Master of Arts in National Security Affairs is a concentrated version of the M.A. in Statecraft and National Security Affairs国产偷拍视频 and is designed for professionals with seven to ten years of relevant work experience.
The curriculum provides a comprehensive study of the development and implementation of national security policy. It is particularly valuable for professionals who have worked at the tactical and operational levels who need to master the national strategic level of analysis.
- IWP 616 U.S. National Security Strategy and Emerging Threats (4 credits)
- IWP 627 International Relations, Statecraft and Integrated Strategy (4 credits)
- IWP 634 Geography and Strategy (2 credits)
- IWP 637 Public Diplomacy and Strategic Influence OR IWP 641 Political Warfare: Past, Present and Future (4 credits)
- IWP 642 Economics for Foreign Policy Makers (2 credits)
- IWP 659 Enemy Threat Doctrine of Global Jihadism OR IWP 630 Chinese Grand Strategy: Foreign and Military Policy OR IWP 603 Russian Politics and Foreign Policy (4 credits) OR IWP 680 Modern China
- IWP 674 National Security Policy Directed Study (2 credits)
- IWP 675 Political and Moral Philosophy (2 credits)
- IWP 679 Defense Strategy, Planning and Budgeting (4 credits)
Students in this program may be enrolled full-time (9 or more credit hours per semester) or part-time (less than 9 credit hours per semester), but must complete the degree in five calendar years or less. After successful completion of all coursework, each student will be required to pass a one-hour oral examination and a three-hour written comprehensive examination.
国产偷拍视频The Admissions Committee evaluates each application for this degree with a focus on professional experience and leadership, ultimately assessing how your professional experiences have given you an extensive understanding of one of the elements of statecraft. This includes your individual and unique qualifications in the following:
The breadth and depth of your professional experience, your level of management responsibilities (e.g., strategy, operations, etc.), career progression and demonstrated leadership. The Executive MA applicant must have 7-10 years of relevant experience.
Integrated Intellectual Capabilities
国产偷拍视频Your potential to succeed academically as demonstrated through your academic record, letters of recommendation, professional experience, and understanding of intelligence, national security or international affairs at an integrated, strategic level.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of basic terms, concepts, history, theories, and geography related to the U.S. foreign policy process, international affairs, and the current world order.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to integrate various tools of statecraft into a coherent whole.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the major national security challenges facing the United States.
- Students will demonstrate a knowledge and appreciation of the Western moral tradition and its applicability to national security and foreign policy.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to assess arguments, identify logical flaws, and obtain supporting or corrective information.
- Students will demonstrate the use of clear, effective and persuasive written communications.
- Students will demonstrate the use of clear, effective, and persuasive oral communication.